Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic Situation and the ever changing guidance and restrictions concerning working under this situation, we have had to cancel “Live Instructor Led Classroom” Training for the near future.
We will offer the "classroom" portion of the training as a "Live Online Instructor Led Class" as detailed below.
Training & Certification
Custom electrical safety and hazard training for Non-Electricians who are exposed to energized electrical equipment operating at more than 50 volts up to 1000 volts. To include actual LOTO on energized 480 volt equipment.
Certificates of completion as well as written documentation of completion of training with topics and a wallet card shall be provided for each person successfully completing each section of training.
Topics, hazards and equipment tailored to non electrician interaction with electrical equipment for Lockout/Tagout.
*ALL ELECTRICAL RELATED SAFETY TRAINING IS BASED UPON THE CURRENT NFPA 7OE - ELECTRICAL SAFETY IN THE WORKPLACE STANDARD.
Description of Service
DDA will provide classroom training on electrical safety for Non Electrician, including electrical hazards, OSHA regulations and requirements, common electrical situations encountered, required PPE, how to avoid electrical hazards and Lockout/Tagout.
Classroom Training Topics
- Electrical Hazards
- Power of electricity
- Effects of voltage and current on human tissue and organs
- Visual indication of electrical hazards
- Relationship of exposure to hazards & injury
- Different types of electrical hazards
- Construction and operation of electrical equipment
- Hazards associated with testing for voltage
- Protective characteristics of PPE
- Electrical Lockout / Tagout
Skill Training & Evaluation Topics
- Determining existence of electrical hazards
- Avoiding electrical hazards
- Establishing an electrically safe work condition
- Testing for absence of voltage
- Selection & use of PPE
- Selection and use of tools
- Selection and use of test equipment
- Selection and use of procedures
- Inspection of electrical equipment
- Determining equipment degradation
- How to minimize exposure if exposure is required
Classroom Electrical Safety Training:
~ 3 Hours ~
Rates apply per student:
$200.00 base fee for each student. Includes Live Online Classroom and One on One Training
Electrical Skill Verifications:
Included in the per person fees. Performed same day directly after classroom training.
Based upon prior performance of other trainees, it is anticipated that evaluations will be completed within a 20 minute time frame per person.
Performance evaluation completion requires successful performance on hands on skill evaluation.
Skill / Performance evaluations to be performed utilizing DDA equipment.
If the student does not have the appropriate electrical PPE we can provide the required PPE for training and Hands on skill performance training and evaluations.
*A RELEASE OF LIABILITY WILL BE REQUIRED OF EACH STUDENT PRIOR TO THE HANDS ON TRAINING
Need More Information? Contact Dan Dudley Today!