Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic Situation and the ever changing guidance and restrictions concerning working under this situation, we have had to cancel “Live Instructor Led Classroom” Training for the near future.
We will offer the "classroom" portion of the training as a "Live Online Instructor Led Class" as detailed below.
Training & Certification
Custom electrical safety and hazard training for Electricians who are exposed to energized electrical equipment operating at voltages up to and including 1,000 volts. To include field level electrical skill and performance evaluations and certification.
Certificates of completion as well as written documentation of completion of training with topics and a wallet card shall be provided for each person successfully completing each section of training.
Topics, hazards and equipment tailored to common electrical tasks, equipment, and specific hazards found in plants and petrochemical production and processing facilities.
*ALL ELECTRICAL RELATED SAFETY TRAINING IS BASED UPON THE CURRENT NFPA 7OE - ELECTRICAL SAFETY IN THE WORKPLACE STANDARD.
DDA will provide classroom training on electrical safety for Electricians, including electrical hazards, OSHA regulations and requirements, common electrical situations encountered, required PPE, and how to avoid electrical hazards.
Classroom Training Topics
- Electrical Hazards
- Power of electricity
- Effects of voltage and current on human tissue and organs
- Effects of voltage on current flow
- Effects of voltage on Arc Flash
- Basic Ohm’s Law Theory & Resistance
- Visual indication of electrical hazards
- Relationship of exposure to hazards & injury
- Different types of electrical hazards
- Construction and operation of electrical equipment
- Hazards associated with testing for voltage
- Effects of pressure on an enclosure
- Different types of electrical hazards
- Unknown electrical hazards
- Protective characteristics of PPE
- Electrical Lockout / Tagout
- Importance of communications
- Job Hazard Analysis importance
- Lockout / Tagout specifics
- Approach distances
Skill Training & Evaluation Topics
- Determining existence of electrical hazards
- Avoiding electrical hazards
- Establishing an electrically safe work condition
- Testing for absence of voltage
- Selection & use of PPE for shock
- Selection & use of PPE for Arc
- Selection and use of tools
- Selection and use of test equipment
- Selection and use of procedures
- Inspection of electrical equipment
- Determining equipment degradation
- How to minimize exposure if exposure is required
- How to determine if equipment can be de-energized
- How to determine if equipment can be re-energized
Class starts promptly at 8:00AM. GO DIRECTLY TO CLASSROOM #4.
11900 East I-20 West
Odessa, Texas 79765
At the intersection of I-20 and 1788, take West bound service road back toward Odessa. About 1 mile on the right you will see West Texas Safety Training Center. Large vehicles park in area South of main parking area – you will see my truck and trailer in this parking area.
Student Information Sheet
This 'Student Information Sheet' is REQUIRED for admission to the classroom. Please be sure the student has this sheet with them to get into the training on the day of training.
Download the form for the training class you wish to register for. Return completed forms to: REGISTRATIONS@DANDUDLEY.COM
You will receive a verification of receipt and a separate verification of the reserved seats. If you wish to substitute students please resend the original form noting the substitutions.
*Forms sent to other email address are NOT guaranteed to be received.
If you wish to cancel a registration please send notice to: CANCELLATIONS@DANDUDLEY.COM
You will receive a verification of the cancellation by return email. Cancellations made 2 days or more prior to the training do not incur charges. Within 2 days charges are applied and a credit for another class is provided.
*Cancellations sent to any other email address are not guaranteed received.
Classroom Electrical Safety Training:
~ 4 Hours ~
Rates apply per student:
$250.00 base fee for each student. Includes Live Online Classroom and One on One Training
2020 Schedule of Classes
Electrical Skill Verifications:
Electrical skill training and verifications take approximately 20 minutes per student after the classroom training.
Hands on using correct PPE, procedures and test equipment on energized equipment operating at various voltage levels from 24 VDC to 460 VAC three phase on Disconnects, panels and Pump Panels.
Students will receive a wallet card from Dan Dudley and Associates and a Hard Hat Sticker showing completion of the required training.
Complete documentation will be provided by email to the students company by Dan Dudley and Associates and will be kept on file by both Dan Dudley and Associates.
Skill / Performance evaluations to be performed utilizing either West Texas Safety Training Center Equipment or Dan Dudley and Associates Equipment.
*A RELEASE OF LIABILITY WILL BE REQUIRED OF EACH STUDENT PRIOR TO THE HANDS ON TRAINING
Need More Information? Contact Dan Dudley Today!